Sunday, August 4, 2019

Eat like the locals

On our last day in KK, we had a walk from our apartment to the Filipino market. But before we did our shopping, we need to fill up our tummies first. It was after 9am so we were pretty hungry then. 


We walked to the back part of the shoplots and saw this old coffee shop. It didn't looked that old from the photo but it has a long history of serving food to the locals. 

Seng Hing Coffee Shop, has been around since 1978. Many choices of food but after much consideration, we settled for the local food. Something we don't get to enjoy in Kuching. Travelling is like that, live and eat like the locals. That is part of embracing the culture and wonderful parcel of travelling. 


So, our choice of food was laksa and mee tuaran. 


Our laksa came first. Ok, it looked like curry noodle to me. And it tasted like curry noodle!! With a slight of sweetness to it. 

Hubby had that whole bowl to himself while I settled for the mee tuaran. Don't ask me why the name as I have not google for its explanation but my guess maybe it is originated from Tuaran?? 


Enough wok hei which I like. Many ingredients in my noodle too. Different type of noodle that I have not tasted before. 


The 2 older kids went for fried mee hoon each. Nicely done and such a big portion that they having hard time finishing their breakfast. 

Our breakfast was RM49 plus drinks.

12 comments:

suituapui said...

They say never eat Sarawak laksa in Sabah, not the same. They have Tuaran mee and all kinds of mee there, their original styles.

Iwona said...

Wow, such a big portions. Everything look so yummy :)

Natalia said...

Yum, amazing dishes☺

Diana Diane Teo said...

You are right about Mee Tuaran. The name is given based on which district is originated from. Sabah also has Tenom Mee, Beaufort Mee, Sandakan Mee which are based on district name.

Ezvina said...

I've been to this kopitiam before. Has most of their food, except the laksa.

Nancy Chan said...

I think we have tasted the Mee Tuaran when we were there a long time ago.

Nux V said...

big portion of meehoon...I think I can share them so that I can taste other items, lol!

Libby said...

Have not tasted mee tuaran before, very curious how it tastes like but it does look delicious.

The Yum List said...

Sounds reasonably priced for all of that food.

The Exclusive Beauty Diary said...

That food looks very delicious. Thank you for sharing.

New Post - http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2019/08/kerastase-resistance-serum_5.html

mun said...

Mee Tuaran looks like using flat thin noodles. I wonder what is the main taste.

Imemily said...

the laksa looks tempting