Monday, January 21, 2019

Which one do you like?

We dropped by 38 Food Street for lunch, just me and my girl last week.

Chinese New Year songs played at the background and thankfully it wasn't so loud that it irritates ears and spoils the mood to enjoy a decent meal.


I asked my girl what would she like for lunch, and she replied me 'ayam penyet'! So that stall shall it be.


Ta-da! Our lunch. RM10 each, we had our different order that day.


My girl faithfully had her nasi ayam penyet, which she enjoyed very much but she prefer the one from Nanyang Food Court better. 


I opted for its nasi ayam bakar which I tasted once and I liked it.  It didn't turn out bad and I enjoyed it with the sambal dipping and its lovely soup.


I prefer the ayam bakar than ayam penyet. The thigh was more flavorful and moist. Totally not dry. Crispy skin but moist and tender meat inside.


So, which one do you like more? Ayam bakar or ayam penyet?

9 comments:

PH said...

The ayam bakar looked more moist and appealing.

lina said...

Their presentation look nice.

Blackswan said...

Ayam penyet for me! I find Ayam Bakar too sweet...... xoxo

suituapui said...

I would go for the bakar, the penyet is just fried chicken.

Reanaclaire said...

I like the penyet, it does not look greasy for one thing..

Nancy Chan said...

Ayam penyet for me, please!

mun said...

should be the bakar one.

Libby said...

Ayam bakar for me as I don't like the chicken to be too dry

The Yum List said...

That looks like a filling meal for RM10!