Friday, March 18, 2016

Start to the holiday

We started off the school holiday with not-so-good note as the little one was not feeling well for few days. Slight feverish and cranky but still active as usual. He almost had me at my toes and losing my mind but glad the we survived the little drama. Never easy handling an unwell and moody child.


As if it wasn't bad enough, Jay had a bout of stomach upset that caused him to vomit and feverish over the holiday. On and off. And Jan was still recovering from her cough and sneeze which has been over a week. Almost every night everyone has an early sleep, eventhough it is a school holiday.

And how unlucky when I sprained my left ankle on Tuesday, making me super irritated and having a sore ankle to deal with that day. Glad that it was better the next day and I were able to bring the kids out or they would be confined to home this few days.

I sent my loyal car to my dad's shop as the air-con was not functioning well. Dad changed the fan motor that faulty but after that the air con was still not that cooling. So I needed to go back to fill up the cooling gas.


Hubby drove back last Saturday bringing those goodies from Sri Aman. Dried fishes and local black rice.


And he did not only bring home those goodies but dirty laundry. Fortunately he's gone to laundry in middle of the week over there so when he was back, it would not be a big load for me to wash. 


But most of the time, he brings his dirty laundry to the  self-service laundry to wash and dry so I would not need to worry much about that. Some more the weather is so unpredictable lately so not a good time for laundry!

I made some chrysanthemum drink with honey to cool ourselves down. I love the scent of the flowers brewed in the pot.


That was the start of the one-week plus school holiday. Not so good but luckily everything turned out fine after that. The kids got their rest and fun while this mummy enjoyed the sweet time with them without schedules. 

Now I am looking forward to next weekend as Good Friday is just around that corner!! *wink*

13 comments:

Princess Ribbon said...

Yup never easy handling a sick cranky kid.. Am sure everyone's better and ok now.. When kids get sick, I phobia already, coz one kid will lead to another kid, and we gotta take emergency leave *swt*

Unknown said...

I had my bad times last month, which was right after CNY. But still I manage to overcome it. Sometimes we may face some difficulties.

Glad that everything is alright now to you and your family.

Ezvina said...

Hope you will be able to enjoy the rest of the holiday. Few more days to go before school reopen.

Anonymous said...

Aiyor...so many people falling sick, terrible!

Friday already, holidays coming to an end but yes, thankfully, we have Good Friday next week and my girl's school is taking Monday off, Easter Monday. But after that, no more holidays - whole of April...till 1st May long weekend. Vesak Day on Saturday, no khan thow. :(

Nancy Chan said...

It is the season again when many people fall sick. And the hot weather is making things worse. Remember to take things easy and stay out of the hot, hot sun.

mun said...

Glad to hear that all the children are ok now and everything turned out fine in the end.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

2 more days to go and school reopen on Mon...

Libby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Libby said...

Weather is turning hot, take care

Blackswan said...

Hope everything's well, dear! Your boy is real handsome! xoxo

Sherry Go Sharing said...

so fast now school holidays over. Hows weather there? Here so hot, I feel like burning under the sun everyday.

Imemily said...

I like chrysanthemum tea

Sharon D. said...

You had me at chrysanthemum tea. It is so fragrant and refreshing! ^.^