Tuesday, March 10, 2015

"Ouch!" is an understatement

It could not be any worse than what we have been through. 

It has been nothing but painful and miserable days lately when I was contracted HFMD from Jayden last Saturday.

Feet is in pain when walking. All my toes are swollen and cannot bend at all. I feel like a penguin, wobbling around or limping my way through. It takes a lot of strength and will-power to walk up and down the staircases. Even a challenge when I get to carry Jamie around. I could not sleep well on 1st night because of my painful feet.

Hands are very sensitive when in contact with hot stuff. Painful when touch and hold things.

I did not wear any gloves but keep my hands clean at all times by washing and using hand sanitiser. Lost counts of how many times I wash my hands!!

I did wore socks on the first night in bed but during the days, I wore home slippers around the house.


Mum asked me to try this Chinese natural remedy using green beans. She heard that people take them and heal faster.

Green beans are great property in detox and cooling. I needed to crush the beans so I used my pestle to do so. Then toss a spoonful of crushed beans in a mug. Add some salt to it. Add lukewarm water and stir. Using a strainer, I pour the content into another mug. I drank the water.  I drank this few times a day other than the powder medicine that the Chinese physician prescribed to me.

I am blessed to have my mil around during this difficult time. She came down from Kapit to be with me on Sunday afternoon, help me with Jan and Jamie, and house chore. Really ease my burden.

And dad and mum who help me with Jay and also come to send and pick Jan from school this 2 days.

As of now, I am getting better and it is less painful. Now my feet has started to feel itchy and I am trying not to scratch. Able to walk around in normal pace and do my chore. I got back some senses to my fingers unlike first 2 days where it was painful and numb.

I could not wait till the the day I can go out freely and enjoy myself. Sigh! 

15 comments:

trishie said...

Oh you poor thing! Sounds horrible. Hope you get better soon

Princess Ribbon said...

I hope you get well very soon.. Very sanfu from what I hear.. Imagine a kid has to go thru it, adults also so sanfu already.. Lucky got mil to help out.. Faster get well ok..

Small Kucing said...

Speedy recovery to you Rose. I know very painful. My husband also kena from J last time. very bad

Azura Chan said...

I still can feel the pain especially on the sole. The itchiness were inside the feet, not on the skin. I bet you understand that. lol! Speed recovery to you!

Coffee Girl said...

Get well soon Rose! It's contagious right? hope Jamie and the kids don't contract it.

Anonymous said...

So painful especially when you try to curl up your fingers! Hmmmm...the green bean remedy. Well, for one thing, it's cooling.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Speedy recovery to you...

Merryn said...

I saw your picture on FB and already I felt the pain. Mine was only few dots but pain until dunno how to describe. Yours so many dots so I can imagine the pain you are going through. Glad that you are better now. Speedy recovery to you.

Królowa Karo said...

I wish you good health.

Ezvina said...

Happy to hear that you are getting better.

Linda said...

Bless your heart, dear Rose. I will keep you in my prayers. Sending you a hug.

Blackswan said...

Oh dear, I'm feeling the pain too. Can't imagine myself pounding the beans with painful hands & feet. Speedy recovery, dear!

ChrisAu said...

Poor thing...get well soon. You will get better before you know it! :)

mun said...

You are such a brave mommy, still doing so many things when your hands and feet are in pain. Hope you are well on your way to full recovery now.

Imemily said...

i rarely seen such disease
it's great to share out to create awareness apart from the good tips for remedy
wish you recover fully soon