Friday, March 13, 2015

Miscellaneous Picture #36: my childhood

During my sickness, I had a moment of time where I were looking through old photo albums and reminiscing about my childhood.


I particularly love this one. An old photograph of me and my younger siblings posing with my dad's old car in front of my maternal grandparents' old house in Kenyalang Park. 

Can anyone from Kuching recognise where is this location by looking at the background? 

I could not be more than 13 years old that time. My sis should be same age as my Jan that time. I were pretty skinny when I were young but as I hit puberty, I were curvier and more on the fleshy type. I am the shortest and fattest among my siblings!



One of my most favourite food during my childhood is this porridge cooked by my mum. Cuttlefish porridge. Mum cooked it almost every fortnight as I could remember. My dad loved (and still do) to eat this porridge so he would always requested mum to cook for suppers. 

For recipe, click here.

Do you love looking through old photo albums? What is your favourite childhood's food?



11 comments:

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Miss those childhood days when my cousins & i, we used to play together...

Princess Ribbon said...

I like looking at old photos too.. Same here, I was very skinny before primary school, but grow fatter and fatter from 8 yr old onwards haha.. My favourite childhood porridge? Gotta be that sau yok oyster hamtan peitan peanuts porridge, til now..

Anonymous said...

Your kids inherited the looks from your side of the family!

Linda said...

Rose, this is such a precious photo of you and your siblings. I do love looking through old photos, and not only my own family's, but of other peoples' as well. :)

Hayley said...

Old photos always bring us lots of good memories!

mun said...

So you are the big sister in your family? I used to like looking through old photos but not anymore. Nowadays I prefer to look forward.My favourite childhood food is mee suah and it still is one of my favourite food now.

I went to read the recipe because I like to eat congee too. How come dried cuttlefish also have purplish skin?

Libby said...

The tallest on the far left is you?

Rose world said...

Yes they dry the whole cuttlefish during the process so you need to clean the purple skin out when you cook the porridge.

Rose world said...

Yup I am the eldest.

Azura Chan said...

Your son looks exactly like your brother. Hehe... I was the skinniest among my siblings too. And now, still slightly smaller than them all lah. hehe. Is that where The Spring is located now?

Rose world said...

That area but further up along Jln Tun Razak. ;)