Monday, March 11, 2013

Weekend Menu # 44: Easy potato dish

Besides baked potatoes and mashed potatoes, I also love fried potatoes.  I learn this stir fry potato dish from an old friend when we were studied in Nilai back in 1998.  Since then, I enjoy cooking this dish and serve to my family.
 
Usually I will just stir fry my pre-fried potato slices with some oyster sauce. But this round, I stir fry it with some sliced bacons for different flavour.  Very yummy dish and the kids love it too.
 
 
Fried potatoes with bacons
 
Ingredients:
 
4 - 5 potatoes, peeled and sliced into smaller slices
Minced garlic and sliced shallots
2 bacon slices, sliced into smaller pieces
2 tbsp oyster sauce
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
 
Methods:
 
1. Fry the potato slices in 2 batches in hot wok under low heat.  Once they are browned, dish them out and drain.
 

 


2. Add 2 tbsp oil in a wok.  Once it is heated up, add in garlic and shallots.  When they are browned, add in sliced bacon.  Stir fry for a minute then add in the fried potato slices to the wok. 

3.  A quick stir then add in the oyster sauces and salt.  You can add a bit of water if the dish is too dry.  Dish out and serve with rice.


5 comments:

yvonne said...

A simple and yet delicious dish.

Like the way you show the step-by-step :)

Unknown said...

Simple and nice!

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

Nyummy!

Small Kucing said...

simple and yummy

Yannie said...

Yum yum, I know this dish must be tasted good .