Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Bye bye food catering

After more than a year, I cancel my food catering to my shop. 

Reason 1 is that it is not so economical.  After calculating the cost of taking catered food and buying ourselves, it is cheaper to tapau or cook ourselves in the shop.  The catering costs me RM280.00 per month for 2 person for a dinner.  And they did not send during Public Holidays and Sundays (which is the normal practice) but it is not economical for my case as my shop opens 7 days a week.  We need to eat during Public Holidays and Sundays.  So after much reasoning, it is still cheaper to buy and/or cook ourselves. 

I do not have much space to cook in the shop, so usually I would just cook using slow cooker.  And slow cooker has limitation.  I thought of getting a multi-cooker but worry about the smoke and complaints since the shop is in a shopping  centre.  But over here we have more choice now since few food centres around.

Reason 2 is that the food catering serves bad food.  For the first few months when we tried it, the dishes were nice.  But slowly, the food sucks.  Sometimes no meat at all.  Do you consider eggs and Chinese sausages "meat"?  And even my staff also complained the food is tasteless and sometimes they did not eat the dishes at all.  Such a waste.  I did not eat dinner at shop too as I mostly go to my parents' house.

So today would be the last day of my food catering.  And tomorrow we would be on our own in getting our own dinner. 

6 comments:

Ezvina said...

I remember I use to cater food during my Uni life, 1st few months was great, after that the food get worse. Sometimes I even prefer Maggie, and a simple fried egg cost only a few cent btw.

Coffee Girl said...

it's always cheaper to just cook your own food/meal. food catering in kuching is not like in KL i supposed, here there's not much competition and so service cud go down and no one will complain. but still, better to just cook your own food. :-)

Mummy Gwen said...

I'm thinking of catering after I delivered. Hope I can squeeze in a bit of time to cook simple meals myself. I'm not keen on catering too.

Merryn said...

sometimes simple meals lagi sedap compared to bad catering food kan?

suituapui said...

Yup! Not nice, not so bad...but often very oily, salty and lots of msg...and every other day, the same thing.

MeRy said...

I don't like to eat catering food....better squeeze my time a bit and cook myself...at least more healthier.