We usually have our breakfast in a coffee shop near our house on Sunday morning before we heading to church mass, but with Baby Jay being naughty and hubby is fed up with his table manners, I decided to do something different last Sunday morning. I do not usually cook breakfast, not on a Sunday. Lol!
It happened that I suddenly craved for fried noodle on a Saturday evening. I remember during my school day where we studied in home economics class, one of the basic things a girl should learn is cooking. I did not mind learning to cook because I love to eat. Better than ask me to carve or sew! I nearly failed my home economics, but thanks to my mum I passed because of the cooking examination which would be another story to tell next time. For now, it would be on fried noodle.
Forgot to take picture of my home-cooked fried noodle, so no picture to drool, folks! Sorry.
Finally my hubby able to taste my first plate of fried noodle as I never fry because I fancy fried vermicelli more which hubby is not. Now I pity my poor hubby! Lol! The verdict: Hubby said my fried noodle is not bad.
Simple fried noodle
Pack of noodles (I used 3 Ramen, bring to boil for 2 - 3 minutes)
Green vegetables (sawi), cut into smaller pieces
Big onion, shredded
3 eggs, beaten
Minced chicken meat
Garlic and shallot
1. Fry beaten eggs and scramble them. Put aside.
2. Fry chopped garlic and shallot in cooking oil. Once fragrant, add in big onion.
3. Once big onion almost cook, add in minced chicken. Add some salt and a dash of light soy sauce. Stir the meat well.
4. Add green vegetables and mix the ingredient well in the wok. Then add the noodle into wok and mix everything well. Add dark and light soy sauce and oyster sauce to taste. Add scrambled eggs into wok.
5. Stir the noodle well. Can add a bit oil so noodle would not stick to wok. Dish out and serve hot.
Love my fried noodle, served with a cup of hot tea.