Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Dam and lunch

It was 31 August. A very cloudy day to start with.  Hubby suggested for a short drive to the countryside since the weather was nice for a drive.  The kids started schooling on 1 September after taking a very long leave from schools, so a little family outing that Monday before they went back to schools.


Our destination was Bengoh.  A village which started to gain attention recently for its greenery and waterfalls. But we were not going for both that morning. Instead, we were checking out on its Bengoh Dam.
Less than an hour drive, we reached the entrance of the dam.  We did not go in as permission needed for a tour.  So, we just parked and looked at the dam from far away.  Gushing water could be heard, and it was rather loud.  First time for all of us to see a real dam. 


One of the rivers we passed through along the way. Rains started to pour while we drove back to the city.

We made a stop at Koufu Food Court in Penrissen for lunch.  It was not yet 12 noon but the crowds were rather big, fortunately we were still able to find a long table for 5 of us. 
 

Pork leg rice for hubby as he was craving for it that day.  Its taste reminded me of my mum's cooking.  The Hakka style of braised pork leg.


The kids had roasted chicken rice each.  They tasted alright.

I had this Mixed Curry Rice from the stall next to the Pork Leg Rice stall. The portion was huge but the curry gravy wasn't to my liking. I've tasted better curry from other places. 

From the same stall, hubby ordered this platter. I liked the roasted pork, as the skin was crispy.

We went home after done with our lunch.  

10 comments:

lina said...

Even from far, must be nice to see the dam and hear the sound of water gushing.

mun said...

Good experience for the children to see the dam. My spouse would love the roast pork. The curry gravy looks more yellow than red so must be a lot of santan.

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

I love road trips, but we haven't done it since the pandemic and the stay at home order started in my part of the world. But been occupying my time with growing food.

suituapui said...

Oooo...I would love to try that curry rice. Pork leg looks good too!!!

Nux V said...

nice outing to get closer to the nature! I like roasted pork....yummy!

PH said...

I have never seen a dam before except from photos and on TV. Your curry rice had so much gravy. Too bad it was not to your liking.

Reanaclaire said...

A lot of gravy on the rice! I like the roasted pork, in fact, I just had those during lunch time just now. :)

Nancy Chan said...

The food is making me hungry even though I just ate my lunch.

Libby said...

The roasted pork looks good.

Libby said...

Nice outing to the countryside to have a feel of nature.