Sunday, September 27, 2020

Over the moon

Mid-autumn festival falls on 1 October this year. Will we be able to see a clear, round and bright moon that night? It would be us to see. Weather hasn't been favourable lately as we occasionally experiencing rain in the late afternoon and night. 

If the weather is good on 1 October, I bet the kids would like to enjoy lighting some lanterns and hang them under the clear night sky. Fingers cross. 

So far this year we only got 2 boxes of mooncakes to enjoy; one was from hubby's customer and another was from his niece. 


Our first box of mooncakes was white lotus with double yolk of 4, made by The Baker's Cottage. They were sweet, in my own opinion. I don't fancy yolk in my mooncake, so I only took few bites of it. 


Hubby's niece gave us these contemporary and dainty mooncakes from Sibu. 6 individual boxes of 2 flavours in a rectangular box. 


One was the sesame chicken floss mooncake while the smaller mooncake was something like buttermilk bun. Very fragrant and nice, I liked the latter one more. 




7 comments:

suituapui said...

TWO boxes!!! So lucky! I did not even get one! The Baker's Cottage is nice, I had theirs many years ago. Cannot afford anymore. :(

PH said...

My partner and I went to buy some yesterday. Some of them come with very pretty containers. I am more interested in the containers. LOL!

Nancy Chan said...

I received a few moon cakes gifts and some were home made. After tasting the home made ones, I decided to order a box because they were not very sweet.

mun said...

The contemporary ones are like Taiwan pastries. I love having salted egg yolks inside mooncakes.

Nux V said...

wah got chicken floss mooncake somemore….savory and sweet at the same time?

Ezvina said...

Chicken Floss Mooncake? Interesting.

Libby said...

Same taste as you, i think i would enjoy the buttermilk one than the chicken floss mooncake.