Monday, September 21, 2020

Bought back lunch

One Sunday last month, while my hubby was off to his fishing trip, we went to visit my parents. 

We spent more than 2 hours their in the morning. And my dad went out and bought back lunch from this cafe to add to mum's cooking. She cooked a rib soup and stir fried midin. 

As for the takeaway, dad ordered these 3 dishes. Mouth-watering to me, especially its fried chicken.  Tasted it before, I liked its salty and crispy skin, yet juicy and moist flesh.



Its salt and pepper pork was equally good as well.  It was flavourful and not so tough; just nice to go with rice.

This was an unique vegetable dish for me; first time tasting it out.  Spinach with 3 types of eggs. As you could see, a combination of egg, salted egg and century egg in top of the vegetable.  Not something I would order and eat myself on normal day.


So after a nice lunch and catching up at my parents' house, we went home and took a rest in the afternoon.




8 comments:

Nancy Chan said...

It's nice to visit your parents and enjoy a meal with them. I miss my parents.

mun said...

Very nice food! Good to spend time bonding with your folks.

suituapui said...

Yes, the fried chicken does look very good!

PH said...

What a nice visit with your parents. It is a good idea to add food from outside with homecooked ones.

Nux V said...

nice meal! taste even nicer when eating with parents...

lina said...

A meal with the family is sure nice.

Libby said...

Good bonding time with your parents. Both the fried chicken and pork look tasty!

Wholahayola said...

Hi nice reading your bblog