Monday, February 24, 2020

You say potato, I say...

Potato!!  It has been a while I bought some to cook. Usually I would stir fried it with bacon or add to my sandwich, or make my family's favourite, Cheesy potato and onion bake

Last week, I cooked this potato with mince dish. Very easy recipe. And went so well with white rice. 


Ingredients:
2-3 medium sized potatoes
Minced meat, about 200g
Salt and pepper to taste
Light soy sauce to taste
Dashes of dark soy sauce
Water
Cooking oil

Method:
1. Marinate the mince meat with light soy sauce, white pepper and salt.
2. Peel the skin of potaties. Cube and soak and rinse with water.
3. In a pan, heat up 3 tbsp cooking oil. Add in minced meat. Saute for a while till turn colour then add in potato cubes.
4. Cook for about 3 to 5 kinutes then add water. Let it simmer.
5. Add light soy, dark soy, salt and pepper to taste. Cook for about 5 minutes.
6. Optional : before dish out, add some chives and do a quick stir. Or garnish with chives or spring onion on top.

7 comments:

suituapui said...

That looks good. We throw some potatoes into any soy sauce meat dish as well, pork or chicken and of course, in curry. Nice!

Iwona said...

I love potatoes :)

Twilight Man said...

I love to eat your dish with rice. It looks easy to make.

Potato is indeed a happy food as claimed by experts. Once I had potato salad in a Taipei cafe and they tossed in 3-4 types of potato cubes that made the bowl so colourful with red, orange, yellow and white etc.

mun said...

Potatoes cooked in any ways is one of my favourite food. Will eat it to replace rice as carb.

shwet said...

Looks delecious !!

PH said...

I love potatoes! Your dish I can eat with two plates of rice. LOL!

Libby said...

Potatoes! My favourite, whether it is mashed potato, baked potato or curry potato, all i like!