Saturday, February 23, 2019

Back for more (on Chap Goh Mei)

The children were not schooling on Chap Goh Mei so I took the time to have my new car servicing that morning after our breakfast. It was first service so it took less than an hour.

In the afternoon, we had our lunch and afternoon nap. It did felt like a relaxing Chap Goh Mei for me and some more I didn't require to cook dinner.

In the evening, we invited a friend and his family (Australian PR who are on business trip and summer holiday) to a Chinese dinner. A Chap Goh Mei dinner.

They are Malaysian (hubby is a WM while wife is from Sibu) with 3 young boys. Friendly couple they were, and we had good time talking and promoting Kuching and its places of interest to them.


We were back for more seafood in Topspot after our last dinner celebrating my parents' birthday  Yup, just over a week ago.


However this time we went to this well known and much preferred stall, no 25 Bukit Mata seafood.


No long waiting time. Very soon the food started to flow to our table one by one. And once all the dishes were out, our invited guests came and we started our dinner without delay.



Butter prawns

Boiled cockles with nice spicy chilli dipping

Belacan midin

Clam soup

Oyster pancake

Steamed seabass

Crabs stir fried with Salted egg 


And our guests? They complimented that the food was nice and fit their palate more than the other stall that they tried previously, which we did agreed. Not overloaded with MSG, that was for sure. 

13 comments:

suituapui said...

I think I've tried this stall before...a long long time ago when I went to this very famous place to eat.

PH said...

Definitely worth going back again for the very good food!

mun said...

wow! seafood dishes sure are delicious!

Reanaclaire said...

Wowww... all the seafood above I like! Long time I haven't taken the cockles boiled like this!!!

Nancy Chan said...

Strange, I thought I commented.I like all the dishes you ordered. Crabs my favourite!

Libby said...

Wow! Cockles! Long time never eat them. Used to eat them at Newton Circle, which they call a Tourist Trap.

My Chap Goh Meh was just another normal day as I need to work, just that I managed to watch the Super Moon.

Blackswan said...

Yummy! I want those buttered prawns! xoxo

Merryn said...

Boiled cockles. Ouish my favourite! Slurp... but nobody eats with me as both the boys and their daddy not a huge fan of it or rather are not allowed to eat it due to their allergies to seafood :(

Nux V said...

wah...I m so hungry now....

Imemily said...

I heard this place before from a friend
Topspot for seafood lovers

Blackswan said...

Oh btw, come join our Giveaway to Win Feng Shui Watches by Hochste Timepiece Worth Over $500 Open to All Worldwide!

Aleksandra Krajewska said...

wow how nice it is :D Great photos

Small Kucing said...

Seafood galore. Seafood already sweet by itself. No need MSG . Why some still add ?