Friday, April 20, 2018

From the camp

Hubby went back to check out on his roadshow booth in the Army Camp on Sunday.

Few booths opened that day and one of them was this vegetable booth. Oh no, he didn't buy of those.


Instead he bought these packets home for lunch. Nasi Kerabu!  It has been a while since I had any and this RM9 packet was nice. They had salted egg (which was extremely salty to my standard), chopped herbs, a piece of fried chicken, crispy  fish crackers with the blue-coloured rice. 


I enjoyed it very much, even without the sauce. They had sauce but I didn't taste any of it.

11 comments:

Twilight Man said...

I love to eat Nasi Kerabu too! I can have it everyday.

Nancy Chan said...

If I see taro, I must buy at least 1! I miss nasi kerabu.

Reanaclaire said...

The salted egg can go very well with rice porridge! Now I am salivating, Rose! Time for dinner!

suituapui said...

Ooooo...nasi kerabu! I like! Have not had that for a while now. Should have bought the yam, make steamed yam cake. Nice! I have steamed pumpkin cake in my blogpost today - just so-so. My missus can make nicer ones.

mun said...

must be flavourful itself so does not need any sauce.

lina said...

Sauce, you mean budu or the sambal? :P

Rose world said...

Sambal

Imemily said...

I like nasi kerabu too
especially if topped with those fish crackers
and fragrant herbs and spices :D

Libby said...

I have not tried nasi kerabu yet

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I feel like having salted egg, hehe...

Sharon D. said...

That nasi kerabu looks amazing. Now I feel like having it for lunch!