Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Found!

We finally found our favourite claypot rice guy who used to operate in Rubber Road. After weeks of searching in his old place and few inquiries, we found out that he operates in Jia Jia Cafe in Trinity Hub now. The eatery shop behind "Yes" Cafe (Base Club is above the shop).

We were seated under the night sky, no shade. I love sitting in the open space; cooler and away from the rowdy crowds. However, not much light for a good photograph. I tried to snap the food but turned out dark and not great. I didn't want to fuss too much about photography as everyone was hungry. So for this post, I decided to use the recycled photos of the claypot rice and peanut soup that I took before in the previous shop.

*recycled photo*

*recycled photo*

For those who are craving for a nice, warm claypot chicken rice with comforting peanuts with chicken feet soup, do hop over to Jia Jia Cafe in the evening. Definitely a great dinner to have when the weather is cold and windy, like the other night we were there.


Claypot rice is at the corner of the shop, next to the Chinese stir fry stall.

13 comments:

mun said...

I think need to get the hp numbers of favourite stalls so in case they relocate can call them to find out where they moved to. Good that you found them again.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

For me, same with you, I like to sit in the open space...

Twilight Man said...

Open air dining is catching up in my neighbourhood now.
I love all clay pot rice esp when there are slight burnt edges with crispy rice. Yums!!

Reanaclaire said...

hahaha.. Rose, I thought what you have found! Good that you have.. more choices of food for you now..

suituapui said...

Claypot rice sure looks very good! I really hate it when somebody has moved and the people at the original place will simply refuse to tell you where...and you have to go on a wild goose chase, looking for the guy.

Ez Vina said...

arrr... I had this claypot rice many time already, since Jia Jia open, didn't know that it was 'that' famous :)

PH said...

You must be happy to find your favorite claypot rice. Gosh, I miss claypot rice!

lina said...

Agree with Mun.

I guess we need to keep their numbers in case our favourite hawkers moved or relocated.

Merryn said...

Ooooh I love peanuts with chicken feet soup. Very delicious and nutritious! Glad you found this place back.

Libby said...

I love claypot chicken rice too and must have salted fish. I would drink the soup and eat the peanuts but not the chicken feet.

A very satisfying meal for you I would say.

ChrisAu said...

Wow... lost and found your favorite eatery ! Well done !

stevevhan said...

I can understand your cravings for that and the thought that your found the taste youre looking for is surely rewarding! <3

Nancy Chan said...

Glad for you that you found your favourite clay pot rice stall! We also have our favourite clay pot rice stall! I like peanut and chicken feet soup. Hope to boil this soup one of these days.