Friday, September 1, 2017

Made in Kuching

It has been a while since we had meal in Nanyang Food Court, opposite Emart Batu Kawa.  One of the good local food courts with variesties of nice food and drinks in Kuching I think.

On one fine Sunday, we decided to go there for lunch. One wanted to eat fried kway teow, another one wanted ayam penyet and I went for rice dish.

Somehow the fried kway teow stall closed that day while the nasi ayam penyet stall next to it called it a day. A "for rent" notice was stuck on the stall glass.

One ended up with kolo mee while the girl settled for nasi lemak ayam goreng. As for me and hubby, we both had this pork leg rice for lunch.


Surprisingly, they gave quite a lot of meats for RM7. Hubby requested for another bowl of soup but instead of getting a small bowl of soup, they gave us a very big bowl of soup. 


Hubby also ordered this lamb curry from another stall for RM7 but we couldn't finish it so we packed it for dinner. Not that nice. Not flavourful so I had to add something to it to make it tastier.

Since we were in the vicinity, we went to emart hypermarket to get some DVD as well as bread. And I bought 2 deletable-looking bakes home from Taka bakery.


Golden kasutera. One of the newest pastries launched by our well-known local bakery chain, Taka not so long ago. A mix of Japanese castella, cheese and honey that create a very light and soft cake. 


A lovely castella cake for our tea snack. Goes so well with tea. It was good; I like its soft texture but must enjoy it slowly. RM8.90 per piece.


I forgot how much was yhis golden castella cheese cake (below) but I love its soft cake texture. The cheese was milder but just nice in between the cake layers.



On the other hand, my curiosity got me this time. I bought this locally produced juice from the supermarket. I regretted my decision.


It tasted awful. First taste, very gingery. The strong gingery taste lingered on my tongue. Supposed to be a very good juice; to be taken on empty stomach in the morning. One tablespoon a day. Sigh! Wonder when I would be able to finish the whole bottle!!


Why I bought it in first place? The price is not attractive I know. But my good man told me he tasted it before and it was beneficial for our bodies. So believing him, I bought a bottle to try. I guess he will be the one to help me finish it up. ^^


12 comments:

mun said...

You don't like the taste of ginger? The light castella cake looks like tge the popular Taiwan original cake. I look at the photos of your cakes and think that they are delicious!

Reanaclaire said...

Anything that is good and healthy normally does not taste nice.. hahahaa.. anyway, just a tablespoon for good health, it is worth taking..

suituapui said...

Pork leg!!! Yum yummm!!! Curry looks very good too!

IreneC said...

Do you think adding honey to the garlic ginger vinegar juice will make it any better?

Merryn said...

LoL at the bottle of drink you bought. Just leave it to your hubby to finish it since he said he drank it before (means he can drink it la).

The cakes look yummy.

What did you add into the lamb curry to make it tastier?

Libby said...

The cake looks like the popular original cake which I tried that day, the one I tried looks and tastes normal, would prefer it to be softer and sweeter

Rose world said...

More salt, curry powder and light soy sauce. ;)

lina said...

The castella cake looks nice.

Ezvina said...

Brew your own ginger tea maybe a better option, but easier said than done la ho ��

Nancy Chan said...

The ginger drink will probably taste better with some honey added to it.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

The Castellani cheese cake is tempting...

Sharon D. said...

Lol....!!! I had to laugh at the garlic ginger juice thingy. ^.^
I feel you.

The cakes and pork leg rice calls to me though. So yummy...