Monday, April 24, 2017

Once on weekdays

Every week, I would find my mum for breakfast and marketing. I may stay in Batu Kawa while my parents are in Chawan road (which takes about 25 to 30 minutes depends on traffic), but I make it a routine to find my mum once on weekdays for our usual morning chore.

Jamie used to follow us but since he has started school this year, it is just me and my mum.  A rare mum and daughter time.

We usually do our marketing in Kenyalang market. Growing up there and somehow, I am used to the place and people so I hardly go any place else to buy my fresh ingredients and meats. 

As for breakfast, we could have it in one of the surrounding coffee shops or hawker stalls above the wet market. If we feel like it, we would venture far to find food sometime.

But last week, we decided to have breakfast at the hawker stall above the wet market. It has been a while since we went there. As usual, the place was packed with morning goers especially elderlies.

Mum and I went to this fried noodle stall.


I had fried mee hoon while mum went for the big noodle. We asked for small portion which cost RM3 per plate. Enough to fill up our tummies.

And everytime I eat there, I must order a glass of fresh soya milk(RM1). Now that is what I call a simple but good breakfast to start the day with.


Forgot the name of this fried noodle stall but it is number 42. Next to a chicken rice stall.

10 comments:

Ezvina said...

Doing marketing? What is that about?

The fried mee hun so cheap, RM3 only, nice.

mun said...

i agree with you that it is good breakfast. good that you take the effort to spend time with your mother.

suituapui said...

I love the stalls on top of the Kenyalang wet market, some good stuff there. They do have some nice nyonya kuehs there too!

Libby said...

I like soya milk drink

Sharon D. said...

You are a lovely daughter, Rose. xx
Ooo..market food is certainly yummy. Simple but so heartwarming and a fond reminder of my childhood.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Usually, i will have been hoon mee...

Nancy Chan said...

Great bonding time between mom and daughter. Market place food is cheap and can be tasty too!

Unknown said...

Hey the Chao Mien sedap leh..

Merryn said...

Who takes care of Jamie while you are out with your mom?

It is nice to be able to see your mom once a week. I can only go back to my parents' once a month :(

Imemily said...

the wet market food is cheap!
but I cant tahan the smell of wet market