Saturday, January 2, 2016

Celebrating new year

My 1st post of the year.

But let me bring you to the eve of new year where I were celebrating by having a family dinner in this cafe.

Did not take photos of the food as mostly were what we had in the past except this super delicious steamed seabass.


It rained that night and continued to New Year. We had an early sleep on the eve so missed out on any firework display in the midnight.

Woke up on the new year, feeling chilled from the outside weather. Even my Japanese roses were moody and did not bloom much.



We went to our favourite food chain for breakfast. The children's wish came true. Happy breakfast on New Year day! Lol.

1st breakfast of the year

After that, we had a CNY shopping in Plaza Merdeka. We spent few hours shopping for new clothing. 


And we went home buying these new clothing for the children. And yes, CNY shopping is earlier this year. ^^


Hubby said we over-spent on the new clothing so we had to settle for something cheaper for lunch. Lol. So for our late lunch, we went to Kim Joo in Ewe Hai road for its vinegar kolo mee. Well, we did not mind such well-known, delicious kolo mee and mix pork soup at all.

*recycled pic*

For the rest of the afternoon, we spent some time clearing and keeping the Christmas tree; and had an epic afternoon nap. 


That was how we spent our New Year. A splendid and happy new year. Hope you had a wonderful new year day too.

11 comments:

Yannie said...

So coincident that we slept early too on New Year eve, and we also went shopping for CNY clothes for my daughters during the holidays. This is so called family style of celebrating New Year.

I will remember to give you a shout if I go Kuching again.

Anonymous said...

Yes, heard that it rained and rained in Kuching, some places flooded. Weather was good in Sibu - even today when I sent my girl back to her jungle school early this morning, helped her to clean her quarters...and came back mid-afternoon. Quiet and lonely at home again. Sobsssss!!!!!

Nancy Chan said...

That was a nice and lovely new year day spent with family. My Christmas tree is still up and I hope to take it down by this week.

Ezvina said...

Happy New Year, Rose!

mun said...

Happy New Year to you and your family! May 2016 be a great year for all of you. What a fruitful day for 2016 day 1.

Libby said...

I also slept early on New Year Eve that night cos I just came back from Batam that day and I was dead tired

Libby said...

Oh, your favourite food chain is Mr M and oh I love how you spend your New Year Day, shopping, lunching and clearing the Christmas tree with your family

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I was so tired on New Year Eve after sending my friend off at the funeral that i slept early...

Merryn said...

Ah! CNY clothes shopping is done for ur family. How nice. I only managed to get a top for me, 2 for william and none for the kids yet. Will try again this weekend :D

ChrisAu said...

That's a nice way to spend new year, enjoyed good food and a pleasant shopping around !

Sharon D. said...

A fruitful day indeed and you did your CNY shopping already! Gosh, I'd better hurry too if I want to avoid the crowd.