Sunday, June 22, 2014

Just nice

We quite like this place as the price was reasonable and food was alright. 

The kids have been nagging for fish and chips so we ordered this dish for them when we went there the other day.  We waited for about 20 minutes for this dish.  The fish was alright; the batter was crunchy and the flesh was soft. It came with coleslaw, where no one touch at all.  I personally prefered salad than coleslaw.     

I tried its kung po chicken cube rice.  They deep fried the chicken cubes first, then stir fry with the kung po ingredients. So when you bite the chicken, it was crispy.  Taste-wise, it was not so spicy. 
This omelette (fu ron dan) was great too. We enjoyed it. 
And so was this hot & sour soup.  
Hubby was not feeling well since in KL, so he had this minced pork porridge (RM5.50). He also ordered the 3 condinements for RM4.00.  Reminded me of Teochew porridge. The sweet minced pork meat was great to go with plain porridge!

Plus drink, we paid RM56.00 for our dinner.  Cheap and food is just nice. We wouldn't mind come back and try other dishes on the menu. I prefer its local food rather than the Western food.




8 comments:

Somewhere in Singapore said...

The foods there looks good...

suituapui said...

There, must know what to order. Kung Po chicken's not bad. Last time, my friend's son had the fish and chips, it was not cooked inside, probably not defrosted properly. Didn't order the sweet and sour pork - I thought theirs was very good.

mun said...

The food sounds good especially the egg.

Merryn said...

Hot and sour soup looks really tempting. Yums!

ChrisAu said...

Love having teochew porridge with omelette. Maybe I have one tomorrow evening. :)

Princess Ribbon said...

First picture I scroll and I see fish & chips, and I immediately thought of the kids.. Most kids (and myself) love fish & chips! With extra tartar sauce for the chips.. Yumm.. Makes me wana have fish & chips now too..

Sharon D. said...

The hot and sour soup looks really yummy, Rose ... and everything else too. Haha :D

Coffee Girl said...

Teochew porridge! looks like it anyway. so ur having a food adventure in Sibu now huh? :-)