Sunday, December 31, 2023

Eve night

We had Christmas dinner on the eve night with my side of family in Boulevard Restaurant. My dad booked a table for 15 of us. We were the first to arrive, while few tables were already occupied. The whole restaurant was fully booked that evening. 

Soon my parents and brother, sis and their families came and we had the waiter to serve our pre-booked menu. 


We started off with this tasty fried rice. There was some crunch in the fried rice so it was really tasty and appetizing. Even my choosy eater hubby commented it was good. 


Thereafter its crispy mee with chicken was served. The waiter served them into smaller bowl so each of us had a serving. 


The fried seafood beancurd was a hit among the kids as it was good with the mayonnaise dipping. 
 

The yam basket was something I enjoyed that night. It has been a while since I last have this mixed vegetables served in a yam basket. 


The salted egg yolk fried bittergourd was pretty good as well. Bitter yet salty at the same time. 


Plum sauce pork rib was also a hit among us. Tender and flavourful pork ribs; everyone sang praises of this dish. 

Next was the oatmeal prawns. No fault on this dish but I thought it was rather dry. The prawns were fresh so not much complaint on this. 


We also had steamed sea bass which I didn't take photo of. Lastly was some green to balance our intake. Stir fried Sabah lettuce, which we all like to have. 

While we were dining, a surprise visit by a carolling group to bring some Christmas vibes to the restaurant and diners. They sang few Christmas songs and a Santa Claus also appear to give some candies to young children. What a wonderful Christmas feast and eve we had. 

And today being the last day of the year, here wishing all my readers, bloggers and friends, A Happy and Blessed New Year!! See you guys in 2024!!!



 

5 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

The yam basket and prawns are my favourite! Happy New Year, Rose.

Nux V said...

I like yam basket with mixed veggies too. Happy New Year to you & family!

mun said...

Happy New Year 2024 🎊 to you and your family! I would like to eat all the dishes shown here.

PH said...

That was a very delicious makan besar! Happy New Year to you and your family, Rose!

suituapui said...

Happy & Prosperous New Year to you, John and the children and all loved ones in the family!