Monday, June 22, 2020

Yesterday

It was Father's Day yesterday.

Initially I planned to cook lamb chop for the daddy but he last minute told me he was avoiding red meat for time being. Doctor advice, upon his body and blood test. Everything pretty alright except he has fatty liver. Need to avoid fried, oily and red meat.

So I had to change my menu and plan for a healthier alternative. Anyway, this was what I cooked for Father's Day dinner.


We had pork rib peanut and lotus seed soup, teriyaki sauce fish, grilled chicken wings, stir-fried garlic lettuce and fried salted fish. All was hubby's favourite dishes.

Grilled fish with Teriyaki sauce

Used up this fish that hubby caught in his previous fishing trip. I also heated up leftover soup from previous dinner.



For the kids, I cooked this grilled chicken wings that I marinated in the morning. I used flip pan for my chicken wings recipe. Easy and tasty.


Grilled chicken wings using flip pan

Ingredients:
7 chicken wings
2 tbsp raw honey
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
Few dashes of white pepper
Cooking oil

Methods:
1. Marinate the chicken wings with all the ingredients except cooking oil for few hours or at least an hour before cooking.
2. Heat up the flip pan. Add about 1 tbsp cooking oil to the pan, coat thepan evenly with oil.
3. Once hot, add in the chicken wings, without the marinade. Close the flip pan.
4. Cook for about 10 minutes under low heat before flipping over and cook for another 10 minutes. Dish out! 

11 comments:

Nux V said...

very sumptuous meal for Father's Day...I like lotus root soup!

Reanaclaire said...

Nice dishes... better than eating out cautiously! Actually I feel more comfortable eating at home after the 3 months lockup.. hahahaa

suituapui said...

We had roast rack of lamb! So so so so good, and Aussie wagyu beef!!! Slurpssss!!! Blogpost on it coming up real soon! LOL!!!

mun said...

So tasty your home cooked meal! Everyone must love it.

Nancy Chan said...

Yummy home cooked dishes. I too cook for Father's Day. No need to observe social distancing.

PH said...

I like marinades that contain honey. Must buy some chicken wings soon!

Ezvina said...

What fish is that?

Rose world said...

I not really sure. My hubby caught it. White flesh.

Ronna said...

Your dishes looked so tasty. My father is a 24 hours plumber and I cooked for him last weekend too. Hope you enjoy your day with him.

Libby said...

Griled chicken wings look so yummy. Your hubby must hv enjoyed his father's day, so many of his fav dishes.

Libby said...

*grilled