Sunday, June 28, 2020

Missed it


It has been a long time since we came here for breakfast. Sin Lian Shin, Green Road!!


Kuching people would know this old, famous kolo mee shop. Business was as good as before but more tapau orders as we saw packs of kolo mee on the table when hubby and I were there last Sunday. People ordered takeaway more, some still cautious and try to be safe during this challenging time. However all tables are occupied and everyone was patient waiting for their noodle.

Used to have 2 kolo mee stalls doing the cooking on weekends but last Sunday, only one stall was opened so we had to wait quite long for our breakfast.

I couldn't remember the last time I was here, maybe last year. Been there few times when I worked at my dad's shop 2 years ago. I walked over with my dad for brunch. Or on the way to church, we did patronised the shop few times. But that was ages ago.


My usual drink on Sunday, teh c peng. How I missed it!!

Our food came after almost an hour of ordering. I know, a long wait but we didn't mind. Not so hungry, so we didn't mind the wait.

Kolo mee!! Tasty as before. That old-school taste.  We also had its kiaw th'ng (dumplings soup).


And we  finished our food under 15 minutes!! Must be the tummy was rumbling by the time the food came, more people came in to tapau and dine in and the warm morning sun and temperature. 

By the time we were home, it was after 10am!! The kids were having the kolo mee for brunch! 

14 comments:

Iwona said...

Delicious food :)

suituapui said...

My favourite in Kuching!

Nancy Chan said...

I want to try Kuching kolo mee because it looks good. Have a blessed weekend.

mun said...

Looks good. I would tapao too but does tapao also need to wait one hour?

Libby said...

Yes, people are still cautious in the beginning stage of reopening. Have a wonderful sunday!

Rose world said...

Some waited, some ordered and went do own things and cane back. About same time waiting.

mun said...

Oh, still need to wait one hour even when takeaway. Guess there must be too many orders.

Natalia said...

Looks so yummy!

PH said...

That was such a long wait but worth it!

Diana Diane Teo said...

I did research from the net and many people said this is the best one, so I went. It's indeed the best kolo mee I ever had. But I just curious, why they have to different stalls? I thought two different sellers. Hahahaha...

Rose world said...

No, same shop, 2 stalls to cater to weekend crowds. The husband-wife doing the cooking.

Nux V said...

looks delicious! worth the wait!

Ezvina said...

Nice one. I have been there before.

The Yum List said...

I am a coffee drinker but your tea does look good.