Sunday, April 26, 2020

We love

My family loves luncheon meat. I usually make them luncheon meat and egg sandwich for breakfast and snack box to schools. 

Our preferred brand is this. We only buy and eat this. 

Other than sandwich, sometimes I would cook the luncheon meat with big onion as a dish. It happened that I had some potatoes at home and I thought of putting everything together to make a tasty dish. 

Simple and quick dish so if you are run out of idea on what to cook or run out of time, this would be a great dish. 


Ingredients:
Luncheon meat, cubed
1 onion, minced
2 medium sized potatoes, peeled and cubed
White pepper powder
6 curry leaves for garnishing, fried slightly in oil and drained on kitchen towel

Methods:
1. In a pan, heat up about 4 tbsp cooking oil. Add in luncheon meat and onion, saute till cooked. 
2. Add in onion ans dashes of white pepper. Cooked till everything is cooked. 
3. Dish out and garnished with fried curry leaves. 


Another family favourite is mung bean soup.  Good to take on this hot season. I usually cook it once a week or at least every 2 weeks. 

I love to use slow cooker to cook my mung bean soup. I had a sliced pumpkin in my fridge and decided to use it up with the mung bean soup. A little variation from normal mung bean soup. Yet, it was good and nice to take, either warm or chilled. 


Ingredients:
Mung beans, soaked and refrigerate overnight
Pumpkin, sliced into smaller bites
Rock sugar
Salt

Methods:
1. Add about 2L water in slow cooker. Boiled the mung bean and pumpkin till soften. 
2. Add in rock sugar, based on your sweetness preference. 
3. Add pinch of salt and switch off the slow cooker. 
4. Serve warm directly or chilled in fridge before serving

11 comments:

Twilight Man said...

My wife went to wet market this morning and the pork seller advised her to wait for 3 days. He will text her to collect!!!

I saw this post and told her to use up all my hoarded cans of luncheon meat to cook with anything like you.

Diana Diane Teo said...

I don't really into luncheon meat but my dad loves it so much. So the other day I helped him to look for it but sold out it most of the supermarkets. Once I spotted it, it costs me almost RM15.

My mom also advised me to cook green bean soup since the weather is pretty hot. But I don't know where should I get green bean. Hahahaha. Cause all this while, she's the one in charge to cook for us.

mun said...

Love both the dishes as potatoes are my favourites! I will try to look for porkies brand here when the stay-at-home is over because I have not tried this brand before and my family loves to eat luncheon meat. Mung bean tong sui with pumpkin is so delicious! Good idea to put curry leaves in your potatoes luncheon meat dish as it adds so much fragrance to that dish. Very good idea! *thumbs up*

suituapui said...

Yes, the one and only when it comes to luncheon meat and it is so cheap despite being a Denmark product. Here, prices range between RM6 (special offer)-RM8 or 9 depending on the places. All the other brands, over RM10 and may not be as nice even!

PH said...

I have not seen the Porkies brand over here. I want to try your dish. Must be very fragrant from the curry leaves. I must also boil green beans. It is better than eating donuts. LOL!

Natalia said...

Simple and yummy, love it!

The Happy Whisk said...

I had a sack of king beans, but this was way before I started pressure cooking. Would love to try them again. I love beans and lentils, I eat them daily. Yum.

ezvina said...

Nice, I like pumpkin too.

Nux V said...

yummy porky luncheon meat!

Reanaclaire said...

I also like luncheon meat, the other day I opened Spam and finished them in one day, doing sandwiches...

Libby said...

It is a good idea to add pumpkinto mung bean soup. I love pumpkin. Luncheon meat cooked in any way is nice. No porkies brand in our supermarket, only mili and ma ling.