What to do when you have a lot of time in hands?? Finding something to do to kill the time and keep us occupied and busy. That's what I do over the long MCO period.
Over this period, I go online, searching for recipe and learning new stuff. When weather is good, I would trim some of my plants and pull the weeds. Evening time, I spent catching on dramas in bed.
Other day, I made cakes for afternoon tea. I made this chocolate cake twice during the 2 weeks plus holiday.
No, it wasn't baked. I used the steaming method for this chocolate cake. And I like it more than baked type. More moist and definitely fail-proof.
Steamed chocolate cake
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 cup refined sugar
1/2 cup cooking oil
1 tsp lime juice
1. Sift ingredient 1 - 3 together in a bowl.
2. Add in the rest of the ingredients into the bowl. Mix well. Add hot water a bit by bit, and stir in one direction until you reach a smooth dark mixture.
3. Pour into a dusted tin pan. Tab it few times to release any air bubble.
4. Cover it with aluminium foil.
5. Steam under medium flame for 40 to 50 minutes. Turn off the heat and ltransfer to wire rack to cool down.