Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Simple steamed chicken

Another simple recipe of mine. Great to take when one loses appetite, under the weather, don't know what to cook and go well with porridge and rice. It is so easy to cook and won't take long time in the kitchen.

Steamed chicken.


I had a quarter of frozen chicken so I used that to cook for my family one evening. Steaming (to me) is the best. It is easy, use no or very little oil and the chicken is always tender.

Ingredients:
A quarter of chicken
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp chopped ginger
1 tsp chopped garlic
Salt for rubbing
Cooking oil
Parsley for garnishing (or spring onion)

Methods:
1. Rub some salt onto the chicken and leave it for at least 30 minutes.
2. Prepare the steamer. Let the chicken steam under high heat for 20 minutes or till chicken is cooked.
3. While steaming, prepare the sauce. In a pan, add in about 2 tbsp of cooking oil. 
4. Once heated, toss in garlic. Saute till fragrant and turned brown before add in ginger.
5. Saute till fragrant and transfer to a bowl.
6. Add in light soy sauce and sesame oil to the chopped garlic and ginget.
7. Chop the chicken into biteable pieces when it has cooled down. Toss the dipping on top of the meat. Garnish with parsley.


11 comments:

suituapui said...

I think I will cook chicken tomorrow in traditional red wine soup...and eat with mee sua. Now that I'm not doing the gardening, not harvesting the rambutans either - not feeling very well right now, I have time to cook in the morning before going over to my mum's house.

Willie said...

Thanks for the recipe Rose.

Nancy Chan said...

Steamed chicken is best when we don't know what to cook. Easy and tasty too!

Libby said...

I love steam chicken!

The Yum List said...

I often want something simple to eat when I'm unwell too.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Will try it out one of the day...

mun said...

Everyone in your family would like this dish I believe!

Reanaclaire said...

I like steamed chicken.. easy to cook as you said!

PH said...

I like chicken coked this way too. I find it very appetizing.

Blackswan said...

Always like a good steamed chicken recipe! xoxo

Twilight Man said...

This dish sounds easy to make. I have been trying to put marinated chicken into the rice pot and get them cooked with the rice. I am so hopeless at cooking.