I learnt this recipe from The Malaysian Women's Weekly. The recipe was Black Soy Chicken (Ayam masak kicap).
I found the taste was good and in my 2nd attempt, I did make a slight adjustment to the recipe to suit my taste.
The original recipe called for sliced chicken breast but I have tried few times using chicken thighs.
400g sliced chicken breast
Black soy sauce
1 big onion sliced
3 minced garlic
1. Marinate the chicken with 1 tbsp soy sauce and 1 tsp salt.
2. Heat up about 4 tbsp cooking oil in a wok. Toss in garlic and onion and saute till fragrant.
3. Add in the chicken and stir fry for 5 minutes.
4. Add in 2 tbsp tomato sauce, salt and sugar to taste. Add in about 50ml water and let it simmer.
5. Dish out and garnish with parsley.