Those elk heads remind me of Sven in the "Frozen"!
I got this yummy from Sharon Das more than a week ago and I have been contemplating on what recipe to use for it. Finally I decided to bring out my flip pan for this simple pasta recipe from Munch Ministry. I adjusted the ingredients to fit my taste and a healthier meal. Add 2 more ingredients to the original recipe, ie potato, and broccoli. Voila! Here is my version of baked Pasta-Algar with cheese.
100g medium sized potato, cut into small cubes (approx. 2 × 2 ×2 cm)
65g button mushrooms, halved
200g broccoli, cut and use florets only
65g bacon, sliced (Original recipe called for ham but I am not into hams)
1/2 cup full cream milk
100g Pasta-Algar, cooked
15g grated Cheddar (original recipe called for Parmesan but I couldn't find it)
1. In a pot of boiled water, add in the pasta and let it cook till soft or for about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Melt butter in a pan. Add in button mushrooms and broccoli and saute for 2 - 3 minutes. Add in bacon and cook for a minute.
3. Whisk in eggs, milk, salt and pepper to taste in a mixing bowl. Stir in the pasta, potato, mushroom, broccoli and bacon.
4. Heat up the flip pan. Add in the pasta mixture into the flip pan, sprinkle parmesan all over the mixture. Close and lock the lid.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes on low heat. Constantly move the pan side to side to prevent charred on bottom.
6. After 10-15 minutes, open up the lid and check whether the pasta has cooked. If so, then close the lid and flip over the pan and cook for 5 - 10 minutes.
7. Flip back, off the heat and let it set. Dish out to serve.
after cooking and let it sit for a minute
A mouthful of yummylicious bake pasta
If this sound hard, try this simple recipe instead. Just 3 ingredients needed.
Pasta-Algar in alfredo sauce (Serves 1)
Alfredo sauce (4 tbsp), 2 slices of bacons (sliced), Pasta-Algar and olive oil.
1. Heat up 2 tbsp olive oil in pan. Stir fry bacon slices for a minute. Dish out.
2. Cook pasta in boiled water. Add pinch of salt. Cook pasta for about 10 minutes. Drain and place on serving plate.
3. In saucepan, heat up the alfredo sauce for a minute. Keep stirring to avoid burn.
4. Pour sauce on top of basta and bacon. Serve hot!