Cooked a simple soup with lotus and raw peanuts the other day. I love the sweetness and fragrant the soup brings out. Coupled with carrot and dried squid, this soup is great to go with your rice.
Raw peanuts, 200g, soaked and rinsed
1 lotus root, about 400g, sliced
Pork ribs, 1kg
1 carrot, sliced in smaller cube
1 dried squid, washed and sliced
Salt to taste
1. Blanch the pork ribs for about 10minutes
2. Fill up the slow cooker pot to half full.
3. Cook the raw peanuts for about 2 hours to soften it.
4. Add in all the other ingredients except salt. Cook for 1.5 hours.
5. Add salt and give the soup a stir after turn off the heat.