One of my favourite dishes that I learnt from my mum's kitchen is this chicken dish. Chicken cooked in curry powder and soy sauce.
When ever my mum cooked this dish, I can eat a lot of rice. Love its aromatic curry powder and salty taste of the dark soy sauce. I am still try to perfect my mastery on this dish but I guess practice makes perfect!!
Chicken chopped into smaller parts
Curry powder, I used Babas curry powder for meat
Dark soy sauce (use the salty type)
Pinch of salt (optional)
Chopped garlic and sliced shallots
1. In medium fire, add in cooking oil in a cooking wok. Then add chopped garlic and sliced shallots. When the aroma ascends, add in curry powder and sliced chilli.
2. Stir the curry powder and add oil as necessary so that the powder would not stick to the wok. After a satisfactory paste of curry formed, throw in the chicken parts. Stir fry and cover the curry paste all over the meat.
3. Cook for few minutes. Add in dark soy sauce (depends on your taste). Add pinch of salt (optional).
4. You can water, bit by bit if you like your curry to have some gravy. Stir the chicken occasionally.
5. Serve hot with warm rice!
My next mission?
Is to learn my mum's Lo Ack (Hakka braised duck). Her own cooking method. *wink*