Friday, October 24, 2008

I don't know what to name this post

When was the last time I posted something here? 5 days ago. Sorry for been absent for sometime as I cannot think of anything interesting or brilliant to write and post on. My brain is empty most of the time. You can say, tired is a more suitable word. From the look of my post title above, you can guess how blur I am sitting in front of pc typing this post. But I still want to write something here. LOL!

My manager has been swamping me with questions and expectation of targets almost every day till I know how to imitate her exact words each time I go into her room. My sales target starting next week, so she was concern about my performance. Coupled with poor sales (I did not get enough sales in last week which accumulate to following week) so she keeps asking me to cross sales over the phone.

Yeah, I got to call people (strangers mostly) introducing them our products and services. There were hundred and one products (it is just to show that I have to sell many things to people at one time), it takes time to talk to people about them over a phone call. And I hate talking to strangers over the phone when I don’t know them well. It is more comfortable to meet people face to face, knowing their body language and face expressions, which tell you whether they enjoy the conversation or interested in what we are saying. Not so much to guess if you are talking over the phone right? So I guess tele-marketing is not my strong field here.

For the past 3 weeks I have my own clientele, building from walk-in customers. Some even becomes my friends, everyday calling me up asking for updates. It is an enjoyable work especially at the end of the day, I am able to help them and offer my assistance. There isn’t one thing I hate about my work, just that it involves a lot meetings. Gosh! I thought my previous company has many meetings and appointments every week, this company has even more. Out of 5 days a week, I have meetings for 3 days. Long and lengthy one that start off my days at work. *laugh*

Enough work for now. I do not want to think about my next week “failure” for now. For time being, I am going to enjoy that it is a Friday night, and tomorrow and Sunday is going to be a relaxing day! Yes, Rose and family is going away to the beach tomorrow afternoon. Till then, catch up with you guys when we are back.

2 comments:

Constance Chan said...

i think sales are down everywhere else in many industries too. high rising costs and inflation are the concerns. think positive and i'm sure you'll be able to do it.

Rose world said...

Thanks Constance for the advice. Yeah, got to think positive. :)