Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Last week

Hubby's car broke down when he went to his fishing trip in Sematan early this month. Now the car has been towed back and still in the workshop waiting for part to arrive and get fixed. 

So he has been without car since last week. I become his driver for over a week now. Dropped by Jamie in kindergarden and then send him to his office. Some day I would joined him for a breakfast if we were early. 

For instance on one fine day last week, we had our breakfast in Blossom Cafe. As usual the place was packed with working class people having their breakfast before off to work.

I tried its Sarawak laksa for the first time. RM6 for my normal bowl. 


It was alright, not overly strong in spices and flavour. I prefer the previous operator's Sarawak laksa but they stopped operating for few years now. The kolo mee lady took over the laksa stall now.

If I am to choose, I would go for their laksa than kolo mee. Their noodle is so-so and rather pricey. RM4 to RM5 per bowl.

In the evening my man would get someone to send him home. No need to worry about picking hum up from work as his working hour is unpredictable. Some night he would get a Grab car to send him home. 

6 comments:

mun said...

Guess the Sarawak laksa is mild in taste to cater for more people to eat it as some people do not like too strong taste. Good that you get to spend more time with your husband when sending him to work.

Reanaclaire said...

Yes, nowadays Grab is so convenient but of course, driving our own car is even more convenient. :)

suituapui said...

What car is your hubby driving? How old already? Can get a new car, Proton is quite affordable and I like my Saga, around 35,000 only.

PH said...

The laksa looks good. I haven't eaten Sarawak Laksa in a long, long time!

Merryn said...

Poor hubby. Without a car is so inconvenient. But on the bright side, he gets to spend more time with you. Can even squeeze in breakfast when you guys are early <3

Libby said...

I think i won't like this sarawak laksa too as i prefer stronger and creamier broth as in curry noodles.