Friday, October 11, 2019

Brought back memories

It used to occupy the whole building but now it has downsizing to only one lot. Located in front of St Joseph Primary school, the building was still standing after many years. 


Wisma Sugarbun as I vividly remember it. Used to patronise this place as a child. You could say that I grew up eating Sugarbun's broasted chicken. This building brought back some childhood memories as I used to go with my family on weekends or schoolmates during secondary school days. Those were the days when teenagers and young adults met up and had a good chat over meal there.

When I lived in Kenyalang Park as a little girl, my parents would brought us to the Kenyalang Park Sugarbun. We would walked as we stayed not too far from the Kenyalang Park centre.

Back to the present day, I brought my three kids for lunch in this Sugarbun outlet after our church service last Sunday. My man was not around as he went for an overnight fishing trip in Sematan. The Sugarbun outlet wasn't too far from the church so I thought of dropping by to check its Borneo Asian food.

It has been ages since I came here. Not the same anymore. I mean, the environment and setting. But it was much nicer and modern now, to keep up with the time and trend.


My kids like Sugarbun broasted chicken so they did not complained when I told them that we were going here for lunch. It has been a while they had the chickens. 


The menu displayed 2 main sections, namely the broasted chicken combo (inclusive of drink). 

The other section was the local delights such as eco fish, assam fish, chicken mushroom and newly added Sabah garoupa fish. 


I planned to try the Sabah giant garoupa fried rice combo but unfortunately their fried rice was not ready. It was almost 1om and their fried rice wasn't cooked. So much to my disappointment. 


The kids had their 1 piece broasted chicken combo. 


Yours truly after a long time debating on what to eat, had to settle for its eco fish assam claypot combo. 


Such a long time I did not indulge in assam fish. Delicious and appetizing meal for me. I wish I didnt get the head part as not much flesh. The fish was deep-fried first then added to other ingredients in the claypot.

That was our last Sunday lunch. A long overdue visit to Sugarbun. :) 

9 comments:

Iwona said...

Interesting place and menu :)

Imemily said...

looks like a great place to try out the food
seldom a food outlet can sustain so long
it must be due to the great food quality and reasonable price

Libby said...

Fond memories

suituapui said...

I love their assam fish. Yes, must tell them you want the body and not the head and you will get it. I think I did mention it in my blog:
https://suituapui.wordpress.com/2019/02/03/not-too-far-from-here/

Sakuranko said...

Oh very interesting
xx

mun said...

The food looks so good especially the assam fish.

lina said...

Your assam fish sure looks yummy!

Reanaclaire said...

A Sunday well spent!!

Nancy Chan said...

Assam fish looks delicious.