Monday, May 13, 2019

At night

After the kids had their swimming lesson and took their shower, we went to Lok-Lok for dinner. The last time we were here was last December when Jan and Jan went to Sibu.

It was a nice, windy evening to have lok-lok but we worried that it may rained so we seated at the shop front.

Hubby and the boys picked whatever lok-lok that they fancied while Jan and I went for nasi lemak. I remember that the last time I was here, I went for Mee Jawa but it was too spicy for me. This round, I tried its nasi lemak. It wasn't that spicy. The chicken curry was nice but the anchovies sambal was spicy. A hint of fragrance in the rice which was soft and fluffy.


Overall, it was nice and I enjoyed it. Even Jan also liked it. No complaint of spiciness from her, that was a surprise.

The lok-lok that the boys picked. Some were cooked in hot water while others are reheated.




When asked whether they liked such dinner or not, the boys immediately said yes and much better than eating dinner at home. Geez! Indirectly, they wanted to complain about my cooking some more?!


9 comments:

suituapui said...

I would love to try the nasi lemak but my priority would not be the spiciness - I would like the nasi to be really very lemak to get my thumbs up.

Iwona said...

Yummy dinner :)

mun said...

no la, they are not complaining about your food but going out is like an adventure so is eating out, especially lok lok ln sticks, hehehe.

Blackswan said...

Gosh, I wanna try Lok Lok too! Yummy! xoxo

Reanaclaire said...

The nasi lemak looks good eh! I cooked curry chicken just now too... and will eat it with roti canai later.. frozen roti canai is available here! better than none.. hahahaa...

PH said...

So far I have never tried lok lok though I have seen a van operating near my office in the evenings,

Libby said...

I had seen lok lok in JB but never try

Merryn said...

Haha so cute your boys. Once in a while getting these kind of dinner is definitely very nice

Twilight Man said...

Your kids are so honest! Muahahaha
I often wondered how the word "Lok Lok" originated?? Which dialect is it?