Friday, April 5, 2019

Staple is good

First time trying the Sanwei chicken rice stall in Everwin Kopitiam.

We settled for something staple for lunch one day. Chicken rice!!


It was good. Have the best elsewhere but Sanwei chicken rice was alright and worthy for RM5. Big serving too.


My girl had the roasted type while I went for the steamed chicken rice. The rice was fluffy and soft but slightly lack of that chicken rice fragrance. 


What is important in chicken rice is its chilli dipping. Luckily the chilli dipping was nice. One saucer wasn't enough for me and thankfully I also had Jan's share of chilli dipping for myself. 


We were served with this soup. Rather bland and nothing to shout about. 


It was a good lunch for both of us. We are contemplating to come back anytime soon. Not mainly because of the chicken rice but there are some other stalls that we haven't try yet. This coffee shop definitely has something to offer. 

13 comments:

suituapui said...

We have this quite often, two good ones near my house.

Nux V said...

looks good and huge portion...

Iwona said...

I'm a vegetarian but I love rice :)

Merryn said...

Looks good the chicken rice and just like you, the chili dip plays an important role for me too. I am lucky I get to take the boys' chili portion so I get really alot to enjoy for myself :)

Nancy Chan said...

I like both the steamed and fried chicken.

mun said...

I like roast chicken breast. rm5 is a good price!

PH said...

I won't say no to chicken rice. My choice would be poached whole chicken legs.

Libby said...

I just had chicken rice just now, you are right the chili dip plays an important part

Sakuranko said...

Oh very interesting darling
xx

Reanaclaire said...

I love chicken rice too especially with steamed chicken instead of roasted...

windowtothebeauty said...

It looks delicious:D:*

Twilight Man said...

I like that name Everwin. It sounds so auspicious for any business.
I am also a fan of lots of chilly sauce when I have my chicken rice.

Dr Purva Pius said...

Are you in need of a loan? Do you want to pay off your bills? Do you want to be financially stable? All you have to do is to contact us for more information on how to get started and get the loan you desire. This offer is open to all that will be able to repay back in due time. Note-that repayment time frame is negotiable and at interest rate of 3% just email us (urgentloan22@gmail.com)