This is a quick and last minute menu on the table this evening. I were running out on errands with kids and by the time we reached home, it was over 5pm.
During the evening, there aren't many food outlets operating in my area other than those franchise food outlets. Not so healthy and economical. *wink* So I decided to whip a quick dinner for me and my kids. As I were going through the fridge, I found the necessary ingredients to cook ourselves a simple spaghetti dish. Aglio Olio.
Just a week ago, we had Aglio Olio with bacons at this café and I thought Aglio Olio did tasted well with bacons other than prawns or mussels. So, my home-cooked Aglio Olio with bacons version was created this evening. Since I do not have any chilli flakes at home and the kids do not take spicy food, I omit the chilli.
4 strips Bacons, sliced into smaller slices
4 Button mushrooms, sliced into thin slices
3 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
8 garlic cloves, chopped
Yellow pepper, half, sliced into smaller pieces
Salt and white pepper to taste
Italian parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
Parmesan cheese, grated
1. In a boiling pot, add in the spaghetti and let it cook for 12 minutes before drain. Set 3 tbsp. of spaghetti water aside for later use.
2. In a pan, heat up the olive oil. Toss in garlics and sauté for 30 seconds. Add in the bacons, button mushrooms and yellow pepper and let it cook for a minute.
3. Toss in the spaghetti and spaghetti water. Mix them well.
4. Season with salt and pepper. Add in the parsley leaves and mix well to combine.
5. Turn off the heat and add in the cheese. Give it the final toss before dish out.
Other recipe :