Friday, August 21, 2015

Surprisingly good

I bought this vegetarian meat by mistake. Actually, it was that day when we have a homey steamboat on Sunday that I bought this pack in the frozen section of a supermarket.


I thought it was a real thing. Did not think clearly it was in a halal section (some more a vegetarian section), so I bought a pack to try. Only when I reached home and kept my groceries, did I really read it was a vegetarian meat.

So on one fine morning where I have leftover white rice, I decided to give it a try. I tasted vegetarian fried rice before so did not think it is hard to cook. 

So here was my own version of vegetarian fried rice. Added some frozen vegetables, egg and vegetarian char siew and dashed some light soy sauce and salt, I found that my fried rice was surprisingly good. I were really surprised myself that time. *wink*

And I have few cans of this locally made teh tarik in the fridge. I know there is a Sundrop orange in the market for many years and surprisingly now the same company produces and markets teh tarik too!

I just got to give this drink a try. You know, how I love milk tea and some more, it is made in Kuching! *meow*

My verdict?? The tea was nice; you could taste the bitterness of tea. Not much milk in it but it was fine with me. Not too sweet for my tastebud. I actually enjoying it with my plate of vegetarian fried rice. What a weird and surprise combination!!

12 comments:

Small Kucing said...

Hahaha...by mistake but yet still sedap. Not bad la. That day when you posted up i saw uiks why got red red one....rupa rupa is vegetarian meat.


Havent seen the teh tarik being sold her. will look out for it. Thanks

Anonymous said...

Oh? Vegetarian? Usually it is nice but quite expensive. I am a coffee person - but yet to come across any nice kopi-o in cans. :(

Blackswan said...

Love your colourful vegetarian fried rice, dear! The teh tarik looks interesting too :D

Coffee Girl said...

Never seen one of the teh tarik, wow that's actually really good innovation! shd also can teh c peng soon, kuching specialty.

btw, where did u buy that vegetarian bbq meat?

Rose world said...

Choice supermarket, 101 Premier

Ezvina said...

Looks nice la your fried rice.

Sharon D. said...

The fried rice looks so yummy! I should try the vegetarian meat one day. Sabah Teh Tarik's my favourite, but have never seen it in a can yet. Always nice to support local products ;)

Nancy Chan said...

Fried rice vegetarian or not sounds good to me. I think it is good combination of fried rice and teh tarik. Yummy!

wenn said...

I don't fancy vegetarian food even though we sell lots of different types in our shop.

Hayley said...

Never seen this kinda drinks here.. May be only at East Malaysia?

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Don't think i have come across teh tarik in canned...

mun said...

The teh tarik can must be shaken to give it some foam like the real teh tarik, hehehe. You did some tasty fried rice! Yum yum!