Monday, July 4, 2022

Miscellaneous Picture #106 : Food in June

With price hike starting this month, I am expecting even lesser dine out.  Have been cooking as much as possible since MCO, so not much change in my routine but definitely could feel the pinch in my wallet!!

Food I had last month, for memory. 


Once a while I don't mind a plate of roti telur with teh tarik, one of Malaysian favourites.

Our first time trying out the kolo mee in Ah Nyet Cafe in MJC. Pretty old school I have to say. 

Not all the time I will have kolo mee. I much prefer kolo mee hoon actually. 


Cantonese fried kway teow in one of my favourite Chu char stall in Xin Xin Wang

Fried chicken rice for the boys while me and Jan went for Ayam penyet rice. Last month it was RM14!!! Wonder how much it cost this month.





7 comments:

suituapui said...

Good grief! Ayam PENYET RM14? Classy restaurant or coffee shop?

suituapui said...

You didn't mention the prices of the rest. Looks like things are a lot more expensive in Kuching.

mun said...

Of all your food here, I like the look of Cantonese fried kway teow the best. Good that you can cook more at home, can save more. Here also prices are going up.

Nux V said...

yea, i m feeling the pinch in my wallet too! with now goin back to the office more frequent, expenditures on fuel and eat-outs/tapao are higher, what more with the price increase....sobs sobss~~

PH said...

I have been reading about the price hike. I already stocked up my freezer last month. I might feel the pinch when it is time to restock.

Reanaclaire said...

Increase or not increase, we still have to eat, perhaps have to eat less than the normal rate I am eating..... I feel for those lower income with small kids, they might feel a big pinch in their pocket daily... hope our daily essentials will not go up anymore...

Angie's Recipes said...

Everything is so expensive now. Well, we still have to eat. Fried kway teow is my favourite too.