Friday, January 21, 2022

She likes

It was a Thursday, MIL was still around that time. She likes to eat bak chang, so I brought her to this Grandma Bak Kut Teh shop in Rock Road for Teochew chang. Correction to my old post, that I mentioned it was Hokkien Chang but upon inquiry, they are selling Teochew chang. 


We tasted the salty pork dumplings before so I recommended that to my MIL. We bought 3 salty pork dumplings and 1 mussels and scallops pillow dumpling for RM30.


No, we didn't took them immediately that day. We kept them in fridge and I reheat them the next day, the New Year eve. 

Salted pork dumpling


Hubby came back that evening and he brought some packs of these delicious rojak and sotong kangkong from Sri Aman. RM10 for the sotong kangkong while RM8 for the rojak. Sorry for the messy presentation. Didn't planned to take photo but after tasting them, I decided to snap a shot of them.  Because they were really so good especially the rojak paste. No wonder hubby's friends requested him to buy back whenever he drove back from Sri Aman!!


That evening, hubby bought 3 packs of each. We took 1 pack each and that was our dinner. My and MIL's dinner. My MIL has allergy towards seafood but she didn't care much. She really liked and enjoyed both as mostly went to her tummy. Lol. Luckily she did not have any allergy reaction after eating.

The other 4 packs, all to hubby's friends who patiently waited for him to send over to their meeting place. Lol.

9 comments:

shirleysimplerecipe said...

Thanks for sharing 😊!

Angie's Recipes said...

I want some dumplings with melt-in-mouth pork! Hokkien or Teochew, doesn't matter :-)

suituapui said...

I wonder what the mussel and scallop pillow dumpling tastes like - sure would love to try it!!!

suituapui said...

Wahhhhh!!! Sri Aman rojak and kangkong so nice kah? Been years since I last went there, maybe I can drive over one of these days...look up your hubby, ask him belanja me makan. LOL!!!

Libby said...

It has been a long time since i last ate dumplings, i will be interested to try the scallop dumplings without the mussel :)

PH said...

I like bak chang too! Oh my, I really miss rojak and sotong kangkung. There aren't any near my place.

Nancy Chan said...

I love bak chang, doesn't matter whether its Hokkien, Teochew or Cantonese. Lol! I am interested in the pillow bak chang too.

mun said...

I like to eat both rojak and sotong kangkung. Delicious! Any back chang I would like unless the porky taste is too strong.

The Yum List said...

Gosh the rice looks all sticky just how I like it.