Sunday, February 28, 2021

Just like that

Friday was the Chap Goh Mei. 15 days of Chinese New Year has ended, just like that. Everything felt like wind, come quick and go as quick as well. Not much of a celebration this year but we must uphold the tradition as much as we can.

Chap Goh Mei is as important as the reunion dinner on the eve. However I did not cook as extravagant as our reunion dinner as the boys had their homeworks and tuition as usual that day. I was rushing in and out sending and picking the boys so no time to cook much.

Hubby came back early from work that evening. By the time the boys and I reached home slightly after 6pm, he was preparing a pack of firecracker outside our house. 

Everyone got to watch the rattling firecrackers before we were ready to take our dinner.


Six dishes were prepared. Special request by hubby; abalone in brown sauce. I opened up a can of abalone and blanched some broccoli to go with the abalone.

This pork rib with lotus and red dates was cooked in the morning. I used slow cooker so it was easy and let the slow cooker did the work. 

Something the kids love, ie luncheon meat and potato cubes. 

Stir fried kailan with carrot, and I added some roasted cashew nuts on top. A way to finish up the CNY snack. 

My last batch of big prawns was been used that evening. This time, I divided the prawns and cooked 2 flavours for the dinner. 


A simple pan fried prawns with garlic. Everyone loved it as it was fresh and tasty. 

Another half, I marinated the prawns in tamarind juice for few minutes before pan fried them. It was nice as well. 

And that was our Chap Goh Mei dinner. 


9 comments:

suituapui said...

I love using the slow cooker, just dump everything and leave it there to cook...and the meat would be nice and tender!

Iwona said...

Yummy dishes :) Have a great day :)

mun said...

Your children and husband would appreciate this chap Goh Mei dinner that you cook for them. So many tasty dishes.

PH said...

Very nice, six dishes for chap goh mei. It was just an ordinary dinner for me :(

Twilight Man said...

I had a good and busy Chinese New Year, unexpectedly. I went to eat Japanese Dinner for our Chap Goh Meh.

You cooked very delicious meal for the family. It's so warm and full of love. I miss this type of family dinner with my late parents.

Nux V said...

6 dishes is so extravagant! mine was just an ordinary dinner.

Reanaclaire said...

Just like that, the food looks so yummylicious!!

Libby said...

We dined out on Chap Goh Meh. We had prawn rolls, braised intestines, salted egg prawns, sambal potato leaves with rice. I am like your kids lol as I also like that luncheon meat and potato cubes.

Jennifer Davison said...

I can't believe that this man is so real, how can I thank you enough, I can't fail to testify about the good things you have been doing for me and now you still went ahead and do same for my friend, please everyone if you have anything disturbing you please your solution is hear with Dr.osupalagba the great spiritualist who can solve any problem in a twinkle of an eye. No matter the problems, whether spiritual problem, you want to get your ex back, promotion in your workplace, spiritual cleansing, fruit of the womb, mental illnesses, protection for gun, protection for cutlass, protection for bottle, protection for snake and scorpion bites and cure. Are you a victim of any of the above listed setbacks, you can contact Dr.osupalagbavia Email: osupalagba.temple@gmail.com


Call/WhatsApp +2347051667586