Friday, January 15, 2021

The simple way

My mum gave me a pack of cleaned pork trotter last month when I visited her on a Sunday. She bought a whole leg from the butcher and immediately chopped, cleaned and blanched it at home.

She gave me some and I cooked it few days later. Thanks mum for cleaning it for me. Hehehe. 


Simple pork trotter recipe that I learnt from my mum. But the flavour is rich and tasty to take. 

Ingredients:

Pork trotter, chopped and blanched

Pot of boiling water

5 dried mushrooms, soaked and cut

Dark soy sauce, 4 to 5 tbsp

Light soy sauce, 3 tbsp

Salt to taste

Cooking wine, about 2 tbsp


Methods:

1. In a pot of boiling water (enough to cover the meat), add in pork trotter. Simmer till the water is boiled. 

2. Add in mushrooms, dark soy sauce and light soy sauce. Simmer for at least an hour to reduce the gravy. 

3. Add in salt and cooking wine to taste. Cook for few minutes before turn off the heat. Serve warm. 


Remark:

Can substitute wood ear mushrooms for dried shitake mushrooms



12 comments:

suituapui said...

Different from my mum's or my wife's
but any way it is done, I like!!! Pork trotter, yum yummmmm!!!

Iwona said...

Interesting recipe :)

Reanaclaire said...

I like pork trotter too especially lots of tendon.. cook with black vinegar.. also very shiok!

Nux V said...

I like pork trotter....so tasty with soft tendon!

PH said...

I love braised pork trotter but I hardly ever cook it on my own.

Twilight Man said...

I love to eat this with lots of rice. The more vinegar, the merrier!!!

mun said...

So nice of your mom to clean it for you because the skin on the pork trotter has a lot of hair sometimes when the seller didn't clean it properly. You prefer to braise it in soy sauce rather than cook it in vinegar?

Rose world said...

I like both. Haven't cook with vinegar myself.

mun said...

Oic. Thanks for your reply.

Libby said...

I will eat the lean meat in the pork trotter.

Nancy Chan said...

Hubby love pork trotter. I like the lean part.

Jennifer Davison said...

I can't believe that this man is so real, how can I thank you enough, I can't fail to testify about the good things you have been doing for me and now you still went ahead and do same for my friend, please everyone if you have anything disturbing you please your solution is hear with Dr.osupalagba the great spiritualist who can solve any problem in a twinkle of an eye. No matter the problems, whether spiritual problem, you want to get your ex back, promotion in your workplace, spiritual cleansing, fruit of the womb, mental illnesses, protection for gun, protection for cutlass, protection for bottle, protection for snake and scorpion bites and cure. Are you a victim of any of the above listed setbacks, you can contact Dr.osupalagbavia Email: osupalagba.temple@gmail.com


Call/WhatsApp +2347051667586