Thursday, December 12, 2019

Shanghai | winter holiday

I'm back! Here marks the start of my China winter travelogue.

Couldn't believe that my family vacation is already over. Time to write my lenghty travelogue and bombard my posts with loads of photos.

Our family vacation destination this year is China. Places that we covered were Shanghai, Suzhou, Hangzhou and Wuxi.

Telling you the truth, I had never thought of visiting China with my family. Never in my travel bucket list. And even it is, I thought if  I am going, it would be when I am older with my man after retirement, visiting our ancestry home. But I was happy that we did, and made it with the kids.

We chosen to go this month when the children started off their year end school holidays.

December is the coldest month in Shanghai and temperature could drop to less than 7C at night. But the cold never bothered us anyway! And the kids seemed to enjoy the winter chill. ^^

We used MAS airline. Flight from KL to Shanghai was over 5 hours and don't forget we took another 1 hour 45 minutes flight from Kuching to KLIA and a transit time of 4 hours.

We went with 3 friends and their families; all are hubby's friends. 19 of us including 4 infants and our Kuching tour guide. The tour consisted of us so we weren't strangers to each other. We flew from KLIA at 730pm on 4th and landed in Shanghai after 1.00am on 5th December.
Pudong International Airport

By the time we checked out and collected our luggages at the airport, we were ushered to our bus. The trip to our hotel took about 1 hour. It was after 4am when we checked into hotel due to a little delay and immigration check-in at the airport.

The comfort of our hotel room awaited us. Since it was 5 of us, we slept in 2 seperate suite. Throughout our holiday, we slept in 2 rooms but we did shared a room on few nights as it could fit all 5 of us.



We had our sleep. We did slept on board, so it was alright. And the next day, we needed to wake up around 9am as our itinerary started at 1030am. I hardly slept much on the first night (more like first morning!) in Shanghai.

The start of our winter holiday. More to come! But bear with me as I come home with a bad cough and fever. Take times for me to recover from this holiday, that is for sure. 

7 comments:

Iwona said...

Have a great time :)

Nux V said...

yea, it is super cold in China now....I prefer to visit China around spring when the flowers blossom and the weather is nice.

Diana Diane Teo said...

Looking forward for your winter travelogue and photos too.

mun said...

I can imagine it is so cold there now. What a nice family holiday! Can't wait to read more.

Reanaclaire said...

I love going holiday as a family! Now as they are grown up, taking leave is an obstacle for them to be together.. time really flies! Good to know you have your own group and can do your own itinerary, following the normal tours, we have to wake up at 6am each morning and be down at the hotel lobby by 7.30am! hahaha...
Hope you have recover from your flu!

The Yum List said...

Time spent on holiday always goes too fast.

Libby said...

I am planning to go shanghai for my next travel destination. Looking forward to more posts on your winter holiday. Get well soon. I also down with cough recently.