Monday, February 20, 2017

My guacamole

Avocado is one of my favourite fruits.  I enjoy its rich, creamy taste and it has nearly 20 essential nutrients that are good for everyone.

I usually add my avocado into fruit salad or eat it with milk for breakfast.  Just recently I spotted some avocados in the neighbourhood mall and I could not resist to buy them as it wasn't that expensive.

This time, I use few of my bought avocados for a simple homemade guacamole.  My first time making guacamole.  I tasted guacamole once with tortilla in a restaurant.  Somehow I liked this avocado-based Mexican dip very much.  But I never make it, thought it was hard to make but recently I found out that it is very simple.

And I revised a simple guacamole and I think it is good and goes well with any chips.

Guacamole




Ingredients:
2 ripe avocados
1/2 small-sized onion, chopped
1/2 tomato , chopped
2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste

Methods:
1. To cut open the avocados, slit the knife vertically till you hit the seed. Twist the knife side to side and you could easily open up the fruit. Use the spoon to scoop the flesh.
2. In the bowl, mash the avocados with a fork.  I find it is easier to mash from the outer part of the fruit.
3. Add in the other ingredients to the avocados and mix well.
4. Wrap with plastic wrapper (make sure the wrapper touches the guacamole so it doesn't brown because of contact of air) and store in fridge before bring out to enjoy.


Pardon the tequila at the back.  Just a prop for my photo since tequila is a product of Mexico. *wink*



Enjoy the guacamole as it is or use as the dipping for chips.  Or even taste good in toasted bread too. Delicious and healthy snack!



11 comments:

Unknown said...

I would love to try this guacamole.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tips. Would like to use this recipe for my kids snack box tomorrow.

Reanaclaire said...

I like avacado, thanks for the recipe... can put the guacamole in tupperware instead of plastic?

suituapui said...

My girl would love this, I'm sure. She loves avocado. Gotta try and make for her...once my mum gets discharged from the medical centre. Not much time right now for much of anything else. :(

Rose world said...

I am not too sure. But got to eat it fast as they turn black fast. Cannot store too long.

PH said...

I love guacamole too! Had it at Chilis. Must make my own when I can get avocado.

Merryn said...

That looks delicious but I don't know if I will like it as I am not a fan of avocado. Maybe I'll have to give it a try someday to get myself used to it as avocado has so many health benefits, it is worth trying.

Hayley said...

Not many people love avocado, but I love it! Lucky my sons also like it, it's very high in nutrient!

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I loves avocado...

mun said...

so tasty! i like to eat avocado.

Sharon D. said...

I have never tried this. Looks so tasty! ^.^