Thursday, December 8, 2016

Cheat meal

Hubby has started to go exercising, gym and swimming for few months now. And also eat healthier food whenever he can in Sr Aman. 

When he is back for the weekend, he will continue his regime and sometimes I joined him for a morning walk and jog.

He still take care of his diet but some days he will have cheat meals. A little break from the hi-protein diet especially over the weekends.

For instance, last Sunday we were meant to have a healthy lunch in this Kuching Clean Food but it didn't opened that day. Maybe they are off on Sunday, we are not too sure. So instead of a healthier option, we drove to this Penang Mamak shop that was just a minute drive away to indulge in some sinful food. We had our cheat meal in this mamak shop that we had never been before.



Nasi Kandaq Hanipah located in Jln Tun Ahmad Zaidi Adruce, within Satok area. The row of shop next to Thompson Corner. It opened for business early this year and hubby had been to its other branch in Matang before. A Penang Mamak shop.


So many dishes in the serving trays that we would be spoiled for choices.


We could choose white rice or briyani rice to go with the dishes. They even have roti canai, thosai, Maggi goreng and other fried selection too.


After looking around, hubby and myself chosen the similar dishes. Briyani rice with curry mutton, stuffed squid and a vegetable dish.

Oh gosh! Couldn't remember the last time I had briyani and such hearty and sinful lunch. Really a cheat meal. Didn't want to think the calories and cholesterol we put into our bodies that day!




Of course, a glass of teh tarik to complete my lunch. Satisfying lunch. Think about diet and exercise later.

Total lunch RM40 plus drinks and 2 plates of papadum. Reasonable charge as portion is generous.

14 comments:

Ezvina said...

Nice. I haven't try this place yet.

lina said...

Nice cheat meal.

Great to hear your hubbyis leading such
a healthy lifestyle.

PH said...

That is the best cheat meal ever! I love nasi biryani and all those dishes are very tempting.

mun said...

I like to eat the curry mutton. Tasty meal! Worth it to spend your calorie allowance on this meal.

Nancy Chan said...

A very delicious cheat meal! Its been a long time since I indulged in a hearty nasi briyani and all the yummy dishes! My tummy is growling now!

baili said...

sounds nice place to eat.
it is okay if you once in a while one cheat meals but all over it must be in control .

Reanaclaire said...

hahaha.. Cheat meal.. I thought cheap meal at first... yes, I always take cheat meal these days.. must watch my weight and health!

Libby said...

I would order the same dishes as you

Anonymous said...

One thing I like about kedai mamak, they are so generous in their portion.

suituapui said...

Oh me oh my!!!! So so so nice!!!! Once in a while is ok. Life is too short to deprive ourselves of such simple joys. Moderation is the key!

Blackswan said...

It's always good to hear that someone is picking a sport & getting healthier by the day. TGIF, dear! xoxo

Small Kucing said...

I got hooked by the title Cheat Meal. LOL

All dishes shown here ngum me eat

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I loves briyani, but the rice quite a lot, i only eat it when got people to share with...

Sharon D. said...

This is what I call comfort food. ;)