Friday, April 16, 2021

Moved

Old Rex Cucur Udang Cafe has moved to new location on 1st April 2021. The new cafe was bigger and with addition of one economy rice stall. Other stalls remain the same. Their new location is not that far from their previous shop as shown below (taken from their FB page). 

Last Friday, together with my dad and sis, we dropped by the new cafe for the first time. 


It wasn't 11am yet so we were able to find a table for 3 of us. 


The laksa stall was managed by another guy. The previous stall operator, an old lady has passed away. Not sure if this current guy is related to the old lady or not. 

I had his Sarawak laksa(RM7) and I quite enjoyed it. Not bad taste and quite a lot as well. 


Dad and sis both had Mee Jawa (RM7).  Both loved it so much. They gave 4 big chunky chicken satay sticks to go with the Mee Jawa. 


Weather has been crazy lately so we had ngoh mee th'ng (ice shaved dessert). Not so sweet, so I liked it. 

For the kids, I meant to buy economy rice but the dishes did not fit the kids' taste so I ended up with kolo mee. They ran out of char siew that morning so they gave lots of minced chicken in the kolo mee (RM4 per pack). 


Nice to catch up and have lunch with my dad amd sis as we rarely meet up. Since Jan is back to school, I have more times to go over to the shop, which is few minutes walk after I park my car near the school. I have to arrive at least an hour early to find parking spot because not much places to park. So more walking over to dad's shop and hang out this year. 




7 comments:

suituapui said...

Where's the cucur? Last time, I liked Peterson's but lately, I noticed the towkay leaving everything to his Indonesian workers. Heard people say not so nice anymore.

PH said...

I have not eaten Sarawak Laksa for a long time and I bought the paste recently. Now I must collect prawn shells so that the gravy will taste nice. LOL!

mun said...

Now I feel like eating Sarawak Laksa after looking at your Sarawak laksa.
Good that you get to spend quality time with your father and sister.

Nux V said...

I miss Sarawak laksa! Got satay in mee jawa? Tht's so special😋😋

Reanaclaire said...

The mee jawa is indeed special with 4 chicken satay sticks!

Nancy Chan said...

I read cucur udang and I was eyeing for cucur udang. U didn't order cucur udang this round? I love cucur udang. Sarawak laksa, mee jawa and kolo mee all look yummy.

Jennifer Davison said...

I can't believe that this man is so real, how can I thank you enough, I can't fail to testify about the good things you have been doing for me and now you still went ahead and do same for my friend, please everyone if you have anything disturbing you please your solution is hear with Dr.osupalagba the great spiritualist who can solve any problem in a twinkle of an eye. No matter the problems, whether spiritual problem, you want to get your ex back, promotion in your workplace, spiritual cleansing, fruit of the womb, mental illnesses, protection for gun, protection for cutlass, protection for bottle, protection for snake and scorpion bites and cure. Are you a victim of any of the above listed setbacks, you can contact Dr.osupalagbavia Email: osupalagba.temple@gmail.com


Call/WhatsApp +2347051667586