When I am bored or lazy to cook, I would order food delivery. After many weeks of cooking, this mummy needs to relax a bit and take a break once in a while. Trying to minimise the time of going out, I utilise the food delivery service.
For instance, I was craving for a good curry mixed rice one day. So I went through the outlet lists in FoodPanda and saw there was one shop selling it. Ah Seng Hainanese chicken. Ordered from the shop before, so I didn't mind reorder. I had its RM10 curry mixed rice.
Curry gravy was thick and spicy, rice was quite a lot. Overall, it was good. Good enough to satisfy my craving.
Of course, some day (or rather, most days) I would put more effort into cooking at home.
Most days my lunch and dinner consist of same dishes, or I cook new vegetable dishes for dinner.
Hubby brought 2 Kg of big prawns from a friend and I sorted and packed into few bags. I usually steam them but sometime it is nice to cook them differently. Like pan sear. This is a simple pan seared prawns recipe you may enjoy.
10 big prawns, cleaned, devein, threw away the heads
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 stalk of spring onion, chopped
Few curry leaves
1. Marinate the cleaned prawns with salt and pepper. Leave aside for few minutes.
2. Heat up a pan. Add in about 2 tbsp cooking oil.
3. Pan seared each prawns, few seconds on each side till they turned white. Dish out.
4. On same pan, add in a tbsp oil. Add in garlic and saute till fragrant.
5. Add back prawns, curry leaves and spring onion. Saute and mix well before dish out.
Optional : you can add a little bit of light soy sauce during cooking.